The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has implemented Market Surveillance of products covered under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS). Scheme II of Schedule II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018, is based on manufacturers self-declaring conformity. BIS has implemented Market Surveillance to ensure only products that comply with applicable standard(s) are available and/or sold in the market.
The Procedure includes:
– Collection of Surveillance Cost
– Submission of Invoice(s) to Authorized Indian Representative
– Revision of Surveillance Cost
– Drawl of Sample
– Final Stage of Surveillance
– Disposal of Samples/Remnants