The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) – officially issued Letter 2361/BTTTT-KHCN, providing guidance on the implementation of Circular 02/2022/TT-BTTTT. Letter 2361/BTTTT-KHCN will be formally implemented on 1st July 2022.
As per the guidance Letter, national or international test reports issued by ISO 17025 test laboratories, or manufacturer test reports for the below new standards, can be used for Type Approval certification and the Declaration of Conformity process for the time being, whilst there are no qualified laboratories in Vietnam to perform local testing:
1) QCVN 128:2021/BTTTT for 5G base stations (effective from 1st March 2022, mandatory from 1st July 2022)
2) QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT for standalone 5G User Equipment (mandatory from 1st July 2022)
3) QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT for non-standalone 5G User Equipment (mandatory from 1st July 2022)
4) QCVN 124:2021/BTTTT for 76-77 GHz devices (mandatory from 1st July 2022)
5) QCVN 123:2021/BTTTT for 40-246 GHz devices (mandatory from 1st July 2022)
6) QCVN 22:2021/BTTTT for safety of terminal equipment (mandatory from 1st July 2022. Importer-driven process, currently applicable to DECT phones only)
Note that for the new QCVN 65:2021/ BTTTT standard for devices containing 5GHz technology, local testing is still mandated at Vietnam local laboratories for Type Approval certification and the Declaration of Conformity process.